Certificate of Authorization Requirements

Requirements to apply for a Certificate of Authorization in Delaware (See Section 2821 of Delaware Professional Engineers' Act)

An engineering corporation or partnership must have an active Certificate of Authorization in order to practice, or offer to practice, engineering in Delaware.

At least one of the officers or one of the employees of the firm must be designated as being in responsible charge of the engineering activities and engineering decisions of the firm and hold an active P.E. license in Delaware.

Additionally, to apply for a Certificate of Authorization your firm will need to provide the following information:

  • Federal Identification Number

  • Names and addresses of all officers and board members

  • A current Delaware business license or a letter of exemption issued by the Delaware Division of Revenue

Changes to Engineer in responsible charge or firm name need to be sent to office@dape.org within 30 days.